Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

not sure if this is correct place

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I'm going to step in on this for a bit since there seems to be several issues going on. I am going to post two different set of instructions for you zeek and will need two different responses for the information I am asking for.

Please Go to

1: START and the click on RUN
2: Type in devmgmt.msc
3: Click Enter

To do a screenshot please have click on your Print Screen on your keyboard. It is normally the key above your number pad between the F12 key and the Scroll Lock key
Now go to Start and then to All Programs
Scroll to Accessories and then click on Paint
In the Empty White Area click and hold the CTRL key and then click the V
Go to the File option at the top and click on Save as
Save as file type JPEG and save it to your Desktop

Attach it to your next reply

Please Run the PCPitstop.com OverDrive Full Tests

Here's how:

You must use your Internet Explorer for this procedure. (doesn't work so well in Firefox or others). If your machine is running Vista or Windows 7, you must Select IE to “Run as Administrator”. After completing PCPitstop OverDrive you can close your IE browser and re-open it Normally so that you are no longer running as administrator.

Go to: http://www.pcpitstop.com
Click on "Free Computer Check-up" listed below PC Pitstop OverDrive
In the User Login - Click on "Sign up FREE!"
You'll need to submit a valid email address and create your own password, then click - Create Account(button)

Now enter your email address and password to Log in, Select - Scan this system Now!(button)
You will then be asked to download an ActiveX component and allow it to install.
It is safe and does not compromise your privacy.
Follow the on-screen prompts to install the ActiveX and to allow the Full Tests to be run on your machine.

The Full Tests take about 2 1/2 - 3 minutes on most machines.
When complete, a Results - Summary - Recommended Fixes will be displayed.

Please post the URL internet address, from your Results, back here into this Topic Thread so that we can review the configuration and present performance levels of your machine.

Note: During the graphics 2D and graphics 3D testing, your screen will display some rapidly moving objects.
If you are sensitive to visual flashing, it may cause dizziness. Therefore, look away from the screen during that portion of the testing.

After reviewing the results we will be more informed and may be able to provide better recommendations for you to work towards improving your machine's performance.

While PCPitstop does offer a variety of Paid Products, the PCPitstop OverDrive testing is FREE. Please ignore the references to Paid Products. We prefer to provide manual solution instructions that you can apply directly to your machine.

Best Regards

Advertisements

zeek-i-said

zeek-i-said

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
i think http://www.pcpitstop...?conid=24549249

Attached Thumbnails

• 1.JPG

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK the issue is not because of a driver according to your Device Manager.
Audio driver does look like it is older so I'm going to get you to do the following and please if you can get a screenshot of the drivers this program shows you need to update. I do find there is a newer driver from July of this year available.

Download DriverMax and have it scan your system. It will open their website with all the out of date drivers you can update. With the free version you can update only 2 drivers per day so if you have a lot of them it will take a few days to get everything updated. I have been using it for about 4 months now and like it better then any other utility out there for keeping my drivers up to date.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Now reading through your topic I would have to say that it sounds like the keyboard is a problem and should be replaced. Your temps and voltages look right on where they should be so it is not a issue with them.
I am not entirely sure the issue is a USB issue as other things work when connected.
I also noticed in your PC PitStop log Norton's is still showing. I am including instructions for getting rid of that pesky program once and for all.

Go to Norton's site and download then run Norton Removal Tool that is appropriate for your version of Norton's you had. Let us know if it works for you.

Next thing I see is WildTangent which in my opinion is a pain in the rear for games. Not sure if this was a intentional installation or not but please let me know.

zeek-i-said

zeek-i-said

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
I'm deaf, so audio is no big deal

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Ok then we have no issue with that then.
What about Norton's being installed? It is not a good ideal to have two active anti virus programs running as they can cause false positive readings and even causing the system to slow down a lot when they scan.

zeek-i-said

zeek-i-said

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
firstly I did replace the keyboard (USB from PS/2), same thing. After 2 days if I pressed the "o" key pqwe typed in, the "l" equaled a symbol. If I held the "o" downOutlook launched. I reswitched. I bought this PC off my cousin, he has 5 kids. wildtagnet will not uninsttall. there was tons of games I took off.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Have you had the system gone through by a Malware tech to check for hidden infections?
A simple format and reinstallation will not always get rid of a infection depending on what it might be.
Also how old is the motherboard in the system?

zeek-i-said

zeek-i-said

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
OK- start/programs Norton 360 is there, but get a flasshlight dialouge when launching. Only Norton `net security 2006 is in add/remove. I can not se te tool. it requires the product key and me to start the program.
gn

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Try this then.
We need to temporarily remove your Anti-Virus, as it interes with the fix I want to run. You can reinstall it again later. If you are not happy about doing this, please let me know before proceding

Download AppRemover and run it.

Click Next >>
Posted Image

Ensure "Remove Security Application" is collected and click Next >>
Posted Image

AppRemover will scan all the security applications on your PC
Posted Image

Select Any AVG entries from the applications offered and click Next >> twice.
Posted Image

Follow any further on-screen instructions. If asked to reboot,please do so.

Note: Please do not browse the internet or open any email attachments until your Anti-Virus is re-installed

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I have just found another topic HERE dated 21-Aug-2011, 09:27 PM started by you on Tech Support Guy Forums.

Another one HERE on PCHelp Forum that was started Yesterday.

By using 3 different Tech support sites you can run the risk of having conflicting advice given and that can lead to a system being made unusable or unstable.
If you would like help from the other sites then please let me know and we will nd this topic. If you would like GTG to help then please ask for the other topics to be closed. Thank you and if you would like to continue here then below is my next set of instructions.

One common theme in all of them you keep mentioning is a worm. Since that seems your direction of thinking then I suggest you read the 'Start Here' topic found HERE. With these self-help tools you have a high chance of fixing the problems on your own. If you are still having problems after following Step 3 of the guide, continue with Step 4 and 5 and post in the Malware Forum. If you are unable to run any programs, Please create a topic stating what you have tried so far and that you are unable to run any programs. Also, Please do NOT post the logs in this thread.

If you are still having issues after the malware expert gives you a clean bill of health, Please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).
Add a link to this topic so that malware tech can see what steps have been taken here

zeek-i-said

zeek-i-said

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
on support guy I asked if it was a worm with details, they answered no and closed it. on pc help I' luckyu to get one reply every 24 hrs. App remover was unsuccesful. I think Norton IS 2006 cae with the system, I bought/installed 360. But why would it appear after a sys restore? I still run Malwarebytes and MSISE. I have no need for Norton. The MB is original ad now you've got me biting my lips.

Attached Thumbnails

• ``2.JPG

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

The MB is original ad now you've got me biting my lips.

How old is the motherboard and the system?

zeek-i-said

zeek-i-said

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
the PC is 2006

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Ok well the first thing I would suggest is having our Malware techs take a look and make sure there is no hidden infection.
Then if they find nothing the next step would be to actually start looking at a replacement motherboard. The problem with that is since it is a Compaq system we may be very limited on where you can get a replacement motherboard for it. That doesn't mean we can't get one it just means we would have to try and find the exact make and model motherboard so that you don't run into a problem with the installed OS.