Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems with new build starting and stopping over and over

• Please log in to reply

larbaz3

larbaz3

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
I just finished a new build a couple days ago.  At first everything was ok. Thinking back I think the trouble started when I downloaded some updates.  I also was not able to put system to sleep...kept starting back up.  While reading the manuel I thought it said to change setting in bios from ide to sata on the controller.  After that I started having problems getting back to windows.  It finally did a system restore and started up.  Next time I shut down the windows updates started again and on start up I had same problem.  Finally got back into windows after setting bios to fail safe startup.  I tried to do a repair with my windows7 disk, but it said something about a driver for scanner that needed to be updated first.  To be able to start  up, I put the jumper on the CMOS pin after unplugging and pressing power button.  I disconnected the scanner before starting up, but got same message when tryig a repair.  Turned off again was not able to get anything but start up and off over and over.  That was last night so I removed the battery and put jumper on CMOS reset.  I have not tried to start up yet.

Windows 7

Intel i7 2600

Gigabyte p67a-ud4-b3

G. Skill 8 g memory (2 sticks)

Coolermaster silent pro 600w modular

WD black sata hd

I would really appreciate advice please.

Edited by larbaz3, 23 July 2011 - 09:13 AM.

Advertisements