Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Advanced INF installer failure...parameter incorrect~PLEASE HELP :(

• Please log in to reply

thead

thead

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Just finally finished the XP OS repair and now I have the INF Install failure. Reason: The parameter is incorrect...help please!

Advertisements

skifxr

skifxr

• PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
When are you receiving this error?

thead

thead

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
right before it began the registering components during setup, the only option I had was to click ok and once I did that it began registering components and is still running that

Edited by thead, 23 July 2011 - 10:58 AM.

skifxr

skifxr

• PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
Oh, so you hadn't finished the repair install.

The only thing I can suggest is to check your CD for smudges or scratches and try again or forget about a repair install and try a clean install.

thead

thead

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I only have the cd that was sent with the computer that says reinstallation CD would that be the problem? Its not a full fledged XP from the OEM?

skifxr

skifxr

• PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
Could be. I have no idea what's in those custom CDs. Maybe they aren't meant for repair installs. I really have no clue.