Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vaio goes to Edit Windows Boot Sector Option Screen in Vista while boo

• Please log in to reply

Mano54

Mano54

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Vaio goes to Edit Windows Boot Sector Option Screen in Vista while booting. When Enter or Esc key is pressed, Vaio launches recovery tools.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
When did this start happening? What was done around that time? Did you add or remove any software or hardware?

Try doing a System Restore to a date before this problem started, see if that fixes it.

Mano54

Mano54

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I just allowed auto update installation from microsoft. I don't want to lose data and system updates by doing "System Restore". Is there anything I can do by bcdedit ? By pressing F8 when "VAIO" appears, I get the regular Vista user login screen. Otherwise it goes to "Edit Boot Option" Screen and while pressing "Enter", Vaio launches recovery tools. I seek help.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
A System Restore will require you to redo the Windows Updates but it will not affect any of your personal data.

You could try doing a Startup Repair using your Vista install DVD. This is not a repair install, it is supposed to fix boot type problems.