Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Brand New Computer - BSOD randomly.

• Please log in to reply

Junco

Junco

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello Everyone,

I just custom build a new computer. This is my 1st build and I am already running in to BSOD. I notice that people post a link to the dmp files so here is a like to the most recent ones i have. if i forget any other information let me know.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=c6d7f9a8c046277b&resid=C6D7F9A8C046277B!149

System Specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
ASUS M4A87TD EVO
AMD Phenom II x4 955 Black Edition
EVGA Geforce GTX 550 TI
1x4gb Corsair XMS RAM
1 TB Seagate HDD
ASUS DVD RW

Edited by Junco, 24 July 2011 - 10:53 AM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
Hi :unsure: Junco :)
Something that I noticed is that the Ram in your specs is not on the MBs QVL (Qualified Vendor List) which is available @ http://uk.asus.com/M...4A87TD_EVO/#MSL

Junco

Junco

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
oh your right... i didnt even notice that... i'll replace the RAM and see what happens.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
Good luck and let us know how it works out.

Junco

Junco

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
so here's a question... my motherboard is able to read a max of 4gb ram per RAM Slot. just because the RAM isnt in the QVL does mean its not going to work?
I tried to lower my motherboard voltage, RAM slot to 1.5v but it still gave ma blue screen. Im soo confuse different sites tell me different things.

I'm Returning the 1x4GB xms ram and im picking up these: http://www.tigerdire...9tCKbrp_uLIhrsw

my friend recommended them to me he says they should work. what do you guys think ?

also my 4gb ram is supported but it come in a pair of two for 8gb total. it cost too much so i just bought 1x4gb. im pretty sure it should work... >.<

Edited by Junco, 24 July 2011 - 05:21 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
That Ram is also not on the list so I for one would not like to say it will be fine, that said manufacturers are releasing new versions constantly so there will always be an overlap, sticking to what is on the QVL is my suggestion, below is the nearest that I could find to the Ram at your link (note the 2.1V);
DDR3 2000(O.C.) Qualified Vendors List (QVL)
DIMM socket support (Optional)
1 DIMM
2 DIMM
4 DIMM
CORSAIR
TW3X4G2000C7GT ES ver2.1
4GB(2 x 2GB)
DS
-
-
7-8-7-20
2.1V

4 DIMM Slots
• 1 DIMM: Supports one module inserted into A1 slot as Single-channel memory configuration
• 2 DIMM: Supports one pair of modules inserted into eithor the blue slots or the black slots as one pair of Dual-channel memory configuration
• 4 DIMM: Supports 4 modules inserted into both the blue and black slots as two pairs of Dual-channel memory configuration
-When installing total memory of 4GB capacity or more, Windows 32-bit operation system may only recognize less than 3GB. Hence, a total installed memory of less than 3GB is recommended.
-It is recommended to install the memory modules from the slots for better overclocking capability.
-The default DIMM frequency depends on its Serial Presence Detect (SPD), which is the standard way of accessing information from a memory module. Under the default state, some memory modules for overclocking