Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Uninstall Windows 7/Revert back to XP

• Please log in to reply

lizkkk

lizkkk

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
I have an ASUS computer that came with XP. About a year after having it, I updated Windows 7 on it.

Finally am tired of glitches that I have had to tolerate with and just want to go back to XP and remove Windows 7.

At this moment, I am using the "easy transfer" to move all computer settings to an external hard drive.

Is the best/practical way of uninstalling windows 7??? (Will it be easy to more info back to computer from hard drive?)

I have a lot of photos/photoshop-related programs that I have to save.

Thanks in advance. Liz (Computer Stupid)

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,035 posts
Hi lizkkk

Finally am tired of glitches that I have had to tolerate with and just want to go back to XP and remove Windows 7.

Once you have backed up your data you can format the hard drive and install XP providing that you have an XP disk and matching product key.
You have said that you have already started backing up your data but for future reference consider software such as acronis http://www.acronis.c...mage/index.html or Norton Ghost http://us.norton.com/ghost/