Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Doesn't power up, only blinks blue light on front

• Please log in to reply

TonyO511

TonyO511

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
I have an HP Dv6000 running vista. When I hit the power button, the only thing that happens is the center light on the front left side of the laptop blinks 3 times. Any ideas???

Thanks

Advertisements

Gr1ff1n

Gr1ff1n

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
When was the last time you had your computer cleaned out as the symptoms as to which your describing sounds like possible overheating.

TonyO511

TonyO511

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
It started out that when I did windows update, that it was failing on some of the updates. It would also lock up sometimes on boot up. I was doing a repair on it recommended by vista. It said that it couldn't fix the problem and was going to shut down, which it did. When I went to power up, I pushed the power button and all it would do was the center light on the front would blink 3 times. No power...nothing....