Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Webpages not loading quickly/properly in Firefox 5.0.1 in Win7

• Please log in to reply

BIGROD

BIGROD

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
Hi, first I'm not sure if this is even in the right section but I just bought a brand new desktop PC (HP Pavilion) running Windows 7 Home Premium. Web pages are not loading properly/promptly in Firefox 5.0.1 and aren't loading at all in IE 8. My ISP is Verizon FiOS. Everything was working fine on my previous (much older) PC. BTW, my connection itself appears to be fine. All wireless devices are connecting to the router without issue (phone, iPad, and XBOX360) but the desktop is hardlined to the router and the only device having complications. Though, when I did switch it over to a wireless connection, it still displayed the same issues.

Sometimes the pages will load partially only after numerous browser refreshes. Also, it's not consistent, but I do sometimes get the following error code: ssl_error_bad_mac_read
I've attached some of my pageload results. Any insight anyone can offer on this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :)

Attached Thumbnails

• Geeks.jpg
  • ESPN.jpg
  • NBA.jpg

Advertisements

KillingTime

KillingTime

• Pip
  • 7 posts
it sounds like you need to Update your computer and find the latest versions for Firefox and IE. try doing a Windows Update and install all of the latest updates. then work from there with other updates that need to be install that Windows Update doesnt cover. its a nrew computer which was built months back,so updates are needed . hope this helps.

Gr1ff1n

Gr1ff1n

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
As Killing has stated. I'd attempt to re-download the latest version and perform any needed updates if you haven't done so already. If that doesn't work I'd check to see if your browser is on the default settings as something may have been accidently changed around.