Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

network computers

• Please log in to reply

el_jack

el_jack

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
I have a computer (pc1) in another room. when a certain user is logged on that computer, I can access the files from a different machine on the network. When other users on (pc1)are logged on I cannot access their files. I check their settings and they are sharing. Also in the network window, when the person whose files I can access is logged on, it shows the computer and their name (ex pc1:charles) but when others are on it only shows (pc1). I get a message windows cannot access \\(pc1) you don't have permission contact your administrator for access. I am set as administrator and so is the other user i cannot connect with. What is the problem????

Any and all answers are welcomed

Thanks

Advertisements

cmpm

cmpm

• PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
You have to set the folder to share while in another user account.
Right click the folder and click 'Properties'.
You will get this window to set sharing.

sharing.png