Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dv9208nr Hinge Issue Repair Suggestions

• Please log in to reply

Itachirumon

Itachirumon

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
Hey everybody, hopefully this is the right board for this. The story is I've had this HP dv9208nr laptop since early 2007, it's been a good little laptop for me albeit with a few problems. Of those, twice now I've had to send it in for this hinge repair.. after a period of time from ~15-22 months the left hinge on the display case gets weak and cracks. I'm told this is a factory defect in the model the way the casing was designed. Well it's been about a year since the last repair and I'm starting to get paranoid about it again, 'cept this time I'm off-warranty and can't really afford the $200-300 to go back on just for them to reimage my hard drive in addition to fixing the hinge problem. Plus, I know it'll just keep happening again and again so what I'm looking for is a more long-term perminant solution.

I suppose that'd be my question - if anybody can give me some suggestions about what I could do... a contingency plan if you will so the next time it happens I can just apply the fix and proceed. If anyone has experience with the 9000 series and can advise, I'd really appreciate it.. this thingy's my baby and I really can't see myself within the next 2-3 years replacing it. Thanks everybody!

Advertisements