Laptop CD Drive not recognized
Posted 25 July 2011 - 04:28 PM
Posted 26 July 2011 - 06:10 PM
One of these may help:
1. Uninstall the drive through Device Manager.
Restart computer. The drive will be automatically reinstalled.
3. Download, and run Restore Missing CD Drive patch
Double click on cdgone.zip to unzip it.
Right click on cdgone.reg, click Merge.
Accept registry merge.
4. Go to Device Manager, click a "+" sign next to IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers.
You'll see two items:
- ATA Channel0 (or Primary Channel)
- ATA Channel1 (or Secondary Channel)
Right click on each of them, and click Uninstall. Confirm.
Restart Windows. They'll be automatically reinstalled.
5. Go to Microsoft's site http://support.micro..._drive_problems and follow the steps.
6. Try the guide at this link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982116
Thank's to Broni for the instructions
Posted 26 July 2011 - 07:14 PM
Posted 26 July 2011 - 08:09 PM
What brand, make and model is your laptop?
I can then find a replacement for you.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users