Welcome to GeeksToGo!
My name is BlackOxide
and I will be assisting you with your Malware/Security problems. Please make sure you read all of the instructions and fixes thoroughly before continuing with them. If you have any queries or you are unsure about anything, just say and I'll help you out
It may well be worth you printing/saving the instructions throughout the fix, so you have them to hand just incase you are unable to access this site.Please note the following:
- Remember to post your logs, not attach them. So, any logs from any programs we run, should be just 'copied & pasted' into your reply, unless I specifically need you to attach them.
- Please only run the tools that I request. I know malware can be frustrating but running other tools in the meantime and between posts, only makes it harder for me to analyse and fix your PC in the long run.
- I will always try and respond to replies as soon as possible, but please be patient as some logs require more time than others to fully analyse.
- If you are not sure of anything along the way, just ask.
OK, lets start
Could you run through the following steps for me please, then get back to me with the logs that are created.1)OTL Quick Scan
to your Desktop
- Double click on the OTL icon to run it.
- When the window appears, underneath Output at the top, make sure Standard Output is selected.
- Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
- When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
- Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time and post them in your topic
(1.8mb) to your desktop.
Double click aswMBR.exe to run it.
Click the "Scan" button to start the scan.
On completion of the scan click save log, save it to your desktop and post it in your next reply. In your next reply
Please post the contents of...OTL log