Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't run .exe files

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
What probably happened was that you downloaded the free version and it failed to download the remaining elements when you inserted your licence

Any further problems :)

Advertisements

betctru

betctru

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Things seem to be good now...no more error messages recently, and I just tried TFC and it didn't lock up as it has been.

I disabled the Windows firewall since the Avast fw is now working...

I'm thinking things are good and I've got a good routine now for keeping the sytem safe. *fingers crossed.* Thanks so much, the Geeks2Go crew is the best, and you've been incredibly patient and thorough.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
My pleasure, and I hope that along the way you picked up a few tips and tricks... And you have been very patient as we tried various fixes

Did we remove all the tools I used ? I can't remember now :)

betctru

betctru

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Yes, we did.

And patience was easy as I do understand how user support works...in another world several Windows versions ago, in the dial up ages, I did user support where I worked. But I've gotten so far away from it, I don't keep up....so I appreciate what all of you here at G2G do...I'll be making a PayPal contribution. :)

By the way, I've been to Cornwall--my husband and I stayed several days in St. Ives, drove around and of course visited Land's End. Beautiful area. We have fond memories...

Have a great evening, what's left of it! Thanks again.

Betsy

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Thank you, and beiing biased I feel that the west of Cornwall is a little bit of paradise, even in the winter :)

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.