Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE and FrontPage!

• Please log in to reply

Ckat

Ckat

• Pip
  • 4 posts
HELP! I have a current website that works beautifully on Safari, Chrome and Firefox. However- it is a club site and many of the rest of the club are still using, with no want to change, Internet Explorer.

I am not what you would call computer competent or even really savvy. SO. I added buttons to the website. Wow they look good and they work every where.... EXCEPT! IE. sigh.

Now I can not figure out if it is something I did wrong, or something that IE is doing or what. I would like to fix it so my club members can continue with IE.

Fixes need to be "Type this (code here)(lol!) AND - PUT IT HERE in the page! he-he! I really do need help. I got thrown in to doing this web site and really am lost most of the time... :)

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
What is the address of the website in question?

Ckat

Ckat

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
The Website is www.BriggsdaleCountyShootists.com

Ckat

Ckat

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Nothing guys?? Please I need help on this. All I did was add buttons to navigate my web site and now IE just pulls up the one page?? Why? How do I fix this? Why does IE not recognize the buttons? I even added a bit of code telling IE to read it as it did as IE7, I now have IE8 and that did nothing at all!

Here is the Website. Works great anywhere but IE..

http://briggsdalecountyshootists.com/

Edited by Ckat, 27 July 2011 - 12:35 PM.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• 8,476 posts
Looking at the source code, you have things like this:

<a href="Index.htm"><input type="button" value="Home" name="B27" style="font-family: Baskerville Old Face; font-size: 12pt; color: #663333; font-weight: bold; background-color: #FFE79B" class="mstheme"></a>

I presume you made this webpage in Frontpage?
Ironically enough, the way this has been coded by your software works in every other browser... except Internet Explorer.

While what is there is perfectly valid HTML (by and large), it will not and never has worked in Internet Explorer in the way you want it to.

The easiest way to achieve what you want is to make some images that look like buttons and have those clickable. You can complicate this at a later date with what we call an image rollover script but you can worry about that later.

Edited by Neil Jones, 27 July 2011 - 03:02 PM.

Ckat

Ckat

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Okay... So if I create an image of a button and place it where my actual buttons are.... How do I get text on the image so that people know which one to click? Or does that happen when I had the hyper link??

And yes it is FrontPage. I had no choice, that was what was purchased for me.

Edited by Ckat, 27 July 2011 - 03:28 PM.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• 8,476 posts
Just make a button with the text on it in any image program.

Then in Frontpage you can insert it as you normally would any other image, then change its properties so it points to the webpage of your choice.