Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

No sound from PC

• Please log in to reply

6stringer

6stringer

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
I'm trying to play music from my PC through a stereo via the Line Out on the PC to the AUX on a stereo but get no sound at all. Can't play MP3's or videos. What kind of hardware issues should I be troubleshooting?

Thanks

Advertisements

Hellknight

Hellknight

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
if you connect a set of speakers with mini-jackplug to the line-out, do you get any sound?

6stringer

6stringer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
Tried the speakers connected to Line Out as you suggested and they played just fine. Played my MP3 through the stereo as well. I reconnected the plug to the Line Out again and it works. Can't figure this out except that Windows downloaded some updates overnight.So for now it seems to be working OK through the stereo.

Thanks Hellknight