Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"Operating System Not Found" and after restarting it is "o

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Sometimes it happens but i have other programs we can use.

Please download and run Hardware Monitor
Installation (setup version only)
HWMonitor is a hardware monitoring program that reads PC systems main health sensors : voltages, temperatures, fans speed.
The program handles the most common sensor chips, like ITE® IT87 series, most Winbond® ICs, and others. In addition, it can read modern CPUs on-die core thermal sensors, as well has hard drives temperature via S.M.A.R.T, and video card GPU temperature. Take a screenshot of the sensors and save as a jpeg file. Attach it to your next post.

Advertisements

nighttenjo12

nighttenjo12

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Posted Image

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Well that again shows the temps are good so no problem but still no voltages.

Motherboard Info:

Download SIW from HERE and get the Standalone English version
It will install itself and when finished

Then Click on SIW Icon to run program
On the left side click on the Motherboard directory and then on the right, copy and paste the information in your next reply
On the left side click on the Sensors directory and then on the right, copy and paste the information in your next reply

http://www.gtopala.c...w-download.html

nighttenjo12

nighttenjo12

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Posted ImagePosted Image

I went to Memory and it says under Memory Summary "Warning Wrong Values Reported by BIOS" maybe it is related...

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

I went to Memory and it says under Memory Summary "Warning Wrong Values Reported by BIOS" maybe it is related..

Good find. Try going into bios and checking to make sure your time and date are correct Then click on Load Defaults and then try your system. BTW when you are in windows is your time and date correct?

nighttenjo12

nighttenjo12

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hi, followed your instructions and the date and time in BIOS is correct as well as in the desktop but I still chose the defaults in BIOS and the error is not present anymore. So that is the one that caused the "Operating System not found"? =)
Posted ImageWhy it says Samsung?
Thanks for the response.

Edited by nighttenjo12, 30 July 2011 - 09:14 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
It could have been a glitch in the bios on bootup.
Sometimes it happens with a brown out in power or a simple hiccup with the system. Monitor it for 24 hours and let me know if it returns. Great detective work on your side with the Bios find. :)

nighttenjo12

nighttenjo12

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
thank you for helping me out. I'll just update if it happens again. =)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Motherboard Info:

Download SIW from HERE and get the Standalone English version
It will install itself and when finished

Then Click on SIW Icon to run program
On the left side click on the Motherboard directory and then on the right, copy and paste the information in your next reply
On the left side click on the Sensors directory and then on the right, copy and paste the information in your next reply

http://www.gtopala.c...w-download.html