Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

corrupt file

• Please log in to reply

likhon

likhon

• Pip
  • 0 posts
My computer is saying that mozilla firefox is a corrupt file. and so my internet is working slowly.

Advertisements

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
Hello

Just sounds like one of two things

• Mozilla Firefox is corrupt
  • You have malware installed
I am going to advise you to do several things. Please re-download Mozilla Firefox 5.0.1 from here and do a repair installation if the option becomes available. Please remove the older version of Mozilla Firefox using Revo Uninstaller using the advanced removal method. Revo Uninstaller can be found here Download the free version which is version 1.9.2 or if you do not want to install this please download the portable version which is located just below it.

If you are still having issues with your internet after the repair / full reinstallation of Mozilla Firefox please download and install a different web browser. I have listed 3 below

Google Chrome
Opera ------ (one of my favourites)
Maxthon

If all of the above fail please proceed to the next step below

Please open notepad and paste the text into notepad. To open notepad do the following

Start - All Programs - Accessories - notepad

Enter this text

@echo off

ipconfig /flushdns
netsh int ip reset
netsh winsock reset
netsh firewall reset
shutdown -r -t 0

Please note that this file will restart your computer automatically so please save all work before running this file. Under Windows Vista and Windows 7 please right click the file and select run as Administrator. If this fails follow the advice below.

Please read the following topic here and then post your problem here.
Please post your problem there where our experts will be more than happy to assist you :)

If you are still having the same problem please return to this topic. Please note it is not advisable to reply to both topics at once as it is possible for conflicting advice. (When you are receiving advice from the malware team)

Edited by wizzy2k5, 29 July 2011 - 07:00 AM.