Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

open old excel,words,quicken files with new software

• Please log in to reply

transit

transit

• PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
Hi every one..

I buy a new computer recently with window 7 and I saved my old files in to a CD, I think when a buy this computer I can open old file like quicken, excel, words, well not happen .. I have to buy microsoft office 2010, because the computer only bring the basic of this programs (excel,words, quicken) and I though that the new software can open my old excel,words,quickens files.. wrong, now I stock and I need to open my old excel,words etc.. files in the new computer, some one can tell me, how I can do that? is anyway that I can open excel,words,quicken files with the new microsoft office 2010 intead of the old one?

I try to open word files with the new microsoft words 2010, and I only can see letter & simbols at the screen that not make any sense... HELP...

thank you for any help.

transit.

ps. sorry for my english...

Advertisements

vally

vally

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
I understand that you bougt a new computer and you'r documents wont open.

Office 2010 will open all older versions of office documents.
It seems to me there is a language problem/

If I understand correctly you'r first language is not english.
The language of the word excell documents are they in english?

You should check the regional settings to the country you live in or you may need to add the language that you used.

To change the country or region setting

• Open Region and Language by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Clock, Language, and Region, and then clicking Region and Language.
  • Click the Location tab, select your location from the list
  • Click the keyboards and Language and add the language that you need
  • Then click OK.

If you have more information on what I said feel free to post.

transit

transit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
Hi Vally...

Thank you for trying to help me with my problem.

This is what I can see the "work" file that I trying to open with microsoft work 2010. I dont think is language problem,
all the file is like this, you said that I can open other old file with the new microsoft works 2010, why I see this? what I doing wrong?

tank you for you help.

Transit.

ÿÿÿÿ þÿÿÿ þÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ô À à õÿ ô À à õÿ ô À à õÿ ô À à õÿ ô À à õÿ ô À à õÿ ô À à õÿ ô À à õÿ ô À à õÿ ô À à õÿ ô À à õÿ ô À à õÿ ô À à À à + õÿ ø À à ) õÿ ø À à , õÿ ø À à * õÿ ø À à õÿ ø À à ü À à ü À à ü À à ü À à ü À à " ü À à " ü À à ! ü À “ € ÿ“ € ÿ“ € ÿ“ €ÿ“ € ÿ“ € ÿ`