Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NO response for 3 days, please help!

• Please log in to reply

kieranvyas

kieranvyas

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
I am running an audio interface through my laptop usb. I should be able to plug in my headphones and hear audio through it. It works PERFECTLY on 3 other laptops and pc's i have tested it on. My computer meets all the requirements and every now and again works before cutting out. I previously had problems with a virus and think this might be related. PLEASE HELP

AUDIO INTERFACE: Focusrite Saffire 6 Pro

SYSTEM: ACER Aspire 5536; Windows 7 Ultimate

HIJACKTHIS: got error message - "for some reason your system denied write access to the Hosts file",
then when it comes to saving a log, it says -"cannot find the .logfile do you want to save a new one"
i click yes and nothing happens. PLEASE HELp

Edited by kieranvyas, 28 July 2011 - 02:53 AM.

Advertisements

Swift100

Swift100

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
hi kieranvyas,

if you think you have a virus activity going on please go to the Malware Removal subforum, read this. This will narrow down if you have an active infection or not.

cheers!