Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

DirectX Install Problem...

• Please log in to reply

smittyd

smittyd

• PipPip
  • 89 posts
Hello. I have downloaded DirectX 9 from Microsoft. I extracted, installed and it says it is ready for use. But I'm still showing 5.0 as my DirectX version. Is there any further steps I need to take. Also, when I go to Device manager, I have a yellow exclamation point on my NVIDIA. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
If you have an exclamation mark beside your NVIDIA graphic driver (make sure it is for your graphic card because NVIDIA have chipset, lan and other harware it could be related to) if it is for your graphic then it means your driver is not either installed properly or damage, I would try uninstalling it if you can and install the latest one for your card.

As for DirectX I do not know what version you have of Windows but for XP the default DirectX version installed with the OS is the version 8 so when you say it shows as version 5 I am surprised, go to your start and select run and type dxdiag and see what version is written there.

A little more info would help us help you better (which Windows you have XP or, what graphic card you have, what kind of computer you have, desktop or laptop, is your graphic display integrated or an addon card) gives us all the information you can about your system will help us help you

smittyd

smittyd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
Thanks for the quick reply. I miss-read my version. I have DirectX ver 9.0.

smittyd

smittyd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
One more question, though: Although I am showing 9.0 version on the system tab, when I open the "DirectX Files" tab, each file still shows 5.0 version. Shouldn't this have updated also? Or do I need to take another step? I am running XP Pro. Thanks...

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
I have XP Pro and have DierctX 9.0c and these are the files for it, so yours are normal

[attachment=51532:dx.JPG]