Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

sometimes NO Display after awakening from sleep mode / power on

• Please log in to reply

arf

arf

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
So the problem started happening after I transferred all of my components into a new case. I would put the PC to sleep mode and when I wake it up, I get no display on my monitors (dual monitor setup) even though I hear the HDD and fans starting up...

So Instead of sleep mode, I have been shutting down the computer. Then when I power it on, I get a display for the ASUS splash screen and Windows splash screen but then after that I get no display for about 5 minutes. If I wait long enough, it eventually displays my desktop.

I have updated all of my drivers and have done Windows Updates, etc.

What do you guys think the problem could be?

Did I short out my graphics card when I transferred everything? Windows/Drivers issues? Power issues?

I use a 32" 720p LCD TV as my main display and a 23" LED monitor.
My graphics card is Galaxy 9500GT and it does not have a power connector slot so all of the power is coming straight from the MOBO

Thanks in advance

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
More than likely you have a double whammy sleep mode on your computer. Not only do you have the windows sleep mode, but you probably also have sleep mode in the BIOS on the motherboard. Either turn off the windows sleep mode, or go into the BIOS and change the sleep mode setting to "OFF" there. This should fix the problem.

SRX660