Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop cannot connect to the internet DHCP failed to renew ip

• Please log in to reply

nk08

nk08

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Just the other day I was on the internet just fine until I shut it down. All the other laptops in the house and the PC can still connect to the internet just fine. I had not installed any new software but it will just not connect to the wireless network. I checked my event log and it tells me that my DHCP failed to renew my ip. When I do IP config I have no default gateway. I have tried flush dns renew dns, winsock and everything i can think of nothing works. I even tried connecting it directly to the modem/router and it give me the same Limited connectivity. Please help me out here. I can't even find a thread where someone answered this problem!

I have a dell studio 1550, running Windows Vista
I have AT&T internet, the router and modem are one machine.

Advertisements