Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Trojan opachki.ru remove and how to get OTL onto son's desktop pl

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

hmum

hmum

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi, have just joined to try to get rid of trojan opachki.ru which my nod32 has let through.... am using son's laptop so i need to download your OTL and put on my memory stick and put into my computer. have read your 3 minute guide, and clicked the green download button. I have the OTL icon on my son's taskbar but have no idea how to save it to son's desktop, so please advise! (from there I take it I can just copy it easily onto the memory stick...)
by the way, the email is his and operating info is mine as it's my computer i have problem with but it will not connect to send emails!
When I had pressed Download, it did not give me the little window that says Save or Open. It just put the OTL icon on the taskbar and when I click the icon I can only choose scan etc, not to get the programme onto the desktop. many thanks in advance

virus symptom was that having turned on windows mail 2 evenings ago and sent and received once, it would not connect again to my server. I had spybot installed but not updated, so I updated it and then tried to get rid of the virus with it. Spybot found 1 object but I am not sure if I then clicked the correct button to make spybot get rid of the virus. Then I did a manual scan of my computer using nod32. that showed I object.
Yesterday I connected up, sent and received emails once and then it would not let me do that any more, and nor would it connect to the internet, so I could not use nod32. I then rang the retailer via whom I renew my subscription to nod32. he said he could get rid of the virus for £30 or before Monday I can try it myself: get rid of spybot, (as it often causes problems, though it has not for me, and also he said it would conflict with the anti-malware he was about to suggest) install via sonís computer and my memory stick anti malware bytes from filehippo. Restart computer in safe mode and run the malware program. I did all that successfully, but it got rid of something called Spyware.Passwords.XGen no mention of opachki.ru
and I canít be sure but think the opachki was (I think still is) in windows mail, whereas this Spyware.Passwords.XGen was in temporary internet files
so I do not know if it is the same thing.
/

I also looked at Microsoft malicious software removal tool and Microsoft security essentials but it did not list this Trojan as one it gets rid of. I am also annoyed that this trojan is 2009 yet my nod32 that Iíve paid for continuously for over 3 years did not catch it.
I am inclined to download spybot again via sonís laptop and remove the antimalware programme, as I read elsewhere online that someone had made a simple change to the way they tried to kill this Trojan with spybot and it worked. But will wait for your advice first.
Thank you!

hmum

Advertisements

Render

Render

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,195 posts
Hi, hmum! Welcome to GeeksToGo! My nick name is Render and I will be assisting you with your Malware/Security problems. Please make sure you read all of the instructions and fixes thoroughly before continuing with them. If you have any queries or you are unsure about anything, just say and I'll help you out :)

It may well be worth you printing/saving the instructions throughout the fix, so you have them to hand just in case you are unable to access this site.

Please note:
  • Remember to post your logs, not attach them. So, any logs from any programs we run, should be just 'copied & pasted' into your reply.
  • Please only run the tools that I request. I know malware can be frustrating but running other tools in the meantime and between posts, only makes it harder for us to analyse and fix your PC in the long run.
  • Please subscribe to this topic if you have not already done so. Please check back just in case, as the email system can fail at times.
  • Just because your machine is running better does not mean it is completely cleaned. Please wait for the 'all clear' from me to say when we are done.
  • Please reply within 3 days to be fair to other people asking for help.
  • When in doubt, please stop and ask first. There's no harm in asking questions!

Are you using Chrome for web browsing? If yes then you should find downloaded files in this folder:

For Windows Vista/7:

%HOMEDRIVE%:\Users\your_user_name\Downloads

For Windows XP:

%HOMEDRIVE%:\Documents and Settings\your_user_name\My Documents\Downloads

%HOMEDRIVE% is usually C

Then please proceed with Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide and post results (logs) in this thread.

hmum

hmum

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thank you render, but I emailed ESET, maker of the nod32 virus checker I pay for and they sorted it completely, free of charge, by remotely connecting I think it is called, to my computer, while on the phone. Turns out if was a false positive. They also upgraded my version of nod32, as my local retailer, via whom I'd renewed my fee, had not done so or advised me to.
hmum.

Render

Render

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,195 posts
Thank you for letting me know.

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.