Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Reinstall XP on HP mini 1000 need drivers

• Please log in to reply

chucksg

chucksg

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
I reinstalled XP on my HP 1000 mini. I need to know where to go to get the drivers so I can get online. Also what order do I install them.

Thanks

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Start HERE
The order is as follows:
  • Chipset
  • keyboard, Mouse Input devices
  • Video
  • Lan
  • Audio

After these install a trusted AV like MSE and then install all OS updates.

skifxr

skifxr

• PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
http://www8.hp.com/u...rt-drivers.html

Order doesn't really matter.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Not to debate the issue but it does matter,
  • The motherboard chipset driver should always be the first to install. This allows the motherboard to be identified correctly and the other drivers to correctly install. Possibly everything will work if you don't install it first but most tech support people will tell you that in their experience installing in the order I have stated is the most accurate way of doing it.
  • Getting your input devices second assures your mouse and keyboards are working correctly which is important for further installations.
  • Video to make sure any programs which depend on the correct resolutions will work.
  • Lan then will allow you to get the AV and other important security updates needed.
  • Lastly audio since it is not needed in most instances of installations.

skifxr

skifxr

• PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
While I see where you are coming from and your post makes some sense, I'm still of the opinion that it doesn't really matter in the end.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts

While I see where you are coming from and your post makes some sense, I'm still of the opinion that it doesn't really matter in the end.

It really does matter the order. You need a working chipset to help identify the other drivers needed sometimes. While I agree with Rshaffer61 I change the order slightly.

I usually switch the lan and video. With a working lan you can download the remaining drivers right to the computer you are repairing.

chucksg

chucksg

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Thanks, that did it.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Everything now working correctly?
Are there any yellow exclamation marks showing in Device Manager now?

chucksg

chucksg

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
There is one, the Ethernet controller is yellow,I downloaded and installed ( a couple of times) the driver but you can't use a Ethernet cable on this mini so I disabled driver and everything seems to works fine. Did I miss something?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Nope the controller is for your wired connection. As long as the wireless is working you should be good to go.

chucksg

chucksg

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Thanks for all your help! Problem solved!!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Congratulations chucksg. :unsure: for a successful resolution for your issue.

I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed us to assist you with your issue and for your patience.
Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :) :yes:
This issue now appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible