Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Bunch of Trojans: Downloader, FakeAlert, DNSchanger, BHO, Agent, PUM.h

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Garrett33

Garrett33

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
It says "This wizard helps you install software for: Unknown" then says if I have the CD that came with it put it in etc.

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Could you go to control panel > Device manager and see if there is a yellow exclamation mark.. If there is then right click and select disable, letting me know what device it is

Garrett33

Garrett33

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
There's two of them: Microsoft Kernel DLS Synthesizer and Microsoft Kernel GS Wavetable Sythesizer. Both are under Sound, video and Game controllers.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
OK first we will try the MSFixit on this page

If that fails I will give you the drivers to download and install

Garrett33

Garrett33

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
"We're sorry, but your operating system is not supported by Microsoft Fix it at this time."

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Download the attached zip file to your desktop and extract the file
Go to Device manager again
Double click Microsoft Kernel DLS Synthesizer and press the reinstall driver button
Select Install from specific location, check Include this location and click Browse button to select the Microsoftdriver click Next button to continue and click Finish button to finish installation.

Once done reboot and let me know if the error clears

Garrett33

Garrett33

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
It's not there now.. I checked show hidden ones too. There's a Microsoft Kernel System Audio Device, but no DLS Synthesizer or any synthesizers actually.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Do you still get the new hardware wizard ?

Garrett33

Garrett33

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
No, the computer froze at some point and I had to restart, I haven't seen it since. Geez this is a bad virus..

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Could I have a fresh OTL log please, selecting all users and an update on your current problems

Advertisements

Garrett33

Garrett33

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
OTL still freezes when it gets to scanning firefox settings. As for problems, there aren't many.. Just the occasional lag. That might not even be due to the virus though.

Garrett33

Garrett33

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
I just got another blue screen, then the computer restarted. Then it said I had limited or no connection to my internet (i'm connected wireless) so I restarted the computer on my own and internet is back up.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Lets do some system checks as I do not feel this is malware related now

Download Speedfan and install it.

Once it's installed, run the program and post here the information it shows.
The information I want you to post is the stuff that is circled in the example picture I have attached.
If you are running on a vista machine, please go to where you installed the program and run the program as administrator.

Posted Image(this is a screenshot from a vista machine)

THEN

Please download SINO by Artellos.

• Save SINO to a place you can remember and run SINO.exe. (If you downloaded the ZIP version you will need to extract it first)
  • Then please check the following checkboxes:
    System Info
     Services
     Boot Check
     Tasklist
     Startup Items
     Event Log
     Ipconfig
     Ping
     Netstat
     Hosts file
     Shares
     Routing Table
  • Once checked, hit the Run Scan! button and wait for the program to finish the scan.
  • A notepad window will pop up. Please copy all of the content into your next reply.
Note: If you try to interact with the program once it’s started scanning it might appear to hang. The scan however will continue.

Garrett33

Garrett33

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
I haven't run the scan yet, but I feel I should post this.

AVG popped up and said "Accessed file is infected"
  • File name: a.laserpimpletreatment.com/?site=24
  • Threat name: Exploit link to exploit site (type 2042)
  • Process name: C:\windows\system32\svchost.exe
  • Process ID: 940
I haven't had anything to do with a laser pimple treatment by the way.

The internet doesn't work on the computer again so I went to view the wireless netwroks to disconnect and reconnect. It said: Windows can't configure wireless connection. If you've enabled another program to do this, use that. If you want to configure, use WZC. for more information see article 871122 in Microsoft Knowledge Base.
Also I should mention that the power input messed up a long time ago (I think thats what it is) so that It wouldn't charge unless I moved the power cord into a very specific position. The computer had been off for about a year before I tried it again and found the position. It's sitting in my room perfectly still. Anyways, I can't move the cord so I can't plug it into the modem.

Then in the task manager there are 10 svchost.exe's.
5 are system
4 are local services
2 are network services.
I'm not sure how many is normal but I thought I should include that.

I will continue by following the previous set of instructions.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Are you using USB sticks by any chance ?

Download and Install CombofixDownload ComboFix from one of the following locations:

Link 1
Link 2

VERY IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop * IMPORTANT - Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools. If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link here

• Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
  • Accept the disclaimer and allow to update if it asks

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • When finished, it shall produce a log for you.
  • Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.

Notes:
1. Do not mouse-click Combofix's window while it is running. That may cause it to stall.
2. Do not "re-run" Combofix. If you have a problem, reply back for further instructions.

Please make sure you include the combo fix log in your next reply as well as describe how your computer is running now