Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Security Protection virus problem.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

maliprog

maliprog

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 6,172 posts
Hi Down_with_malware,

Please try to ZIP that file and then attach it here for me. If you fail then just leave it for now at your place :).

How is your system now? Problems?

Advertisements

Down_with_malware

Down_with_malware

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
Thanks I got it to finally work. So far the virus protection is gone since you did the OTL fix, but I noticed during the MalwareBytes scan and the Kers scan that a certain file that was a trojan kept poping up. Was trojan.win32.generic or something to that effect. We have been getting these weird videos that pop up like a tank being loaded into a truck then falls off the truck on its side..Or a fat lady on a bicycle riding up a sidewalk with someone recording it from behind. These videos would take you to the log in screen. That's all the weird stuff I have been experiencing so far. I never saw the videos after we did the two scans though so I am unsure.

Also I think I found the file that one of the family members tried to download since its on a list and it was only 220 KB in size and it was a setup of some sort. This was on it two times so I think it has been open twice now. Thanks again :)

Attached Files

• Attached File  scan.zip   856.02KB   81 downloads

maliprog

maliprog

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 6,172 posts
Nice to hear that your system if fine now :). Please test it for couple of hours and I'll prepare some final cleanup for you. Stay tuned...

maliprog

maliprog

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 6,172 posts
Your logs and system are clean now. I'm glad we fix up your computer. We need to clean up your PC from programs we used.

Step 1

Please start OTL one more time and click CleanUp button. OTL will restart your system at the end. Remove all other application we used to clean your PC.

General recommendations

Here are some recommendations you should follow to minimize infection risk in the future:

1. Enable Windows Update
  • Click Start, click Run, type sysdm.cpl, and then press ENTER.
  • Click the Automatic Updates tab, and then click to select one of the following options. We recommend that you select the Automatic (recommended) Automatically download recommended updates for my computer and install them option.
  • Click OK button

2. Delete Temp files

Download TFC to your desktop
  • Open the file and close any other windows.
  • It will close all programs itself when run, make sure to let it run uninterrupted.
  • Click the Start button to begin the process. The program should not take long to finish its job
  • Once its finished it should reboot your machine, if not, do this yourself to ensure a complete clean

3. Make Backups of Important Files

Please read this article Home Computer Data Backup.

4. Regularly update your software

To eliminate design flaws and security vulnerabilities, all software needs to be updated to the latest version or the vendor’s patch installed.

You should download Update Checker from here. The program will automaticly check for newer version of software installed on your system.

Down_with_malware

Down_with_malware

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
Thank you very, very much for all your help. :)

I was curious though do you know any good parental block we can put on?

maliprog

maliprog

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 6,172 posts
Hi Down_with_malware,

I really didn't test any of them but here is some links you can check

K9 Web Protector
Free Parental Control Software

Hope it helps. Goodbye and stay safe :)

Down_with_malware

Down_with_malware

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
You too! :)

maliprog

maliprog

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 6,172 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.