Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System Restore not working

• Please log in to reply

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
wpclsp.dll is definitely connected with Parental Controls. It should not be an issue.

From what I read, once you turn Parental Controls on, even if you turn it off again, that file will stay in Winsock LSP.

Advertisements

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts
O.K. again thank you for your help ,even tho i see my only resolve is to do a system recovery for system restore as only solution to work,and other winsock issue is not a problem,ty again for your help,i assume you can close this post.I will give acronis a try,if i don't decide to do a system recovery.

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts
Did a system recovery,all is fine with system restore,u can close topic,ty,for help

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
That's good news, glad you got it fixed.

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts
actually,i know i said,was fixed,but never got oppurtunity to use it,and i tried it,go thru process system restore,still says unexpected error occured,no files were restored,this is after a complete recovery,wth!!! could cause this? Iasked about another system recovery program,and i have done research on it,but alot said about some,is it may mess up MBR,IS THIS TRUE?

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
What was the error you got?

Don't know what other system recovery program you are talking about, can you explain please.

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts
no specific error code,just that system restore says unspecified error has occured,nothing or files were changed,was talking about most other system backup or restore programs as nova backup,backup4all,acronis true image,some say can mess up Master Boot Record,of the PC.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
I have safely used:

Acronis True Image
Macrium Reflect
DriveImage XML

Non messed with the MBR though all allow you to save and restore the MBR if you want to.

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts
o.k.,thank you,will give one of them a try,since system restore tends not to work,just have to get a better understanding of the MBR.

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts
I gave Acronis True Image a try,pretty extensive to understand,i did a partition backup,and a boot media for in case PC doesn't boot.Not same as system restore,but so far,a decent program,have to wait till day i can give in a try.I do say takes some time to figure out the featires in it.TY,for the recomindations.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
You're welcome, good luck.