Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ODHOST Co create instance failed status is 0x80040154

• Please log in to reply

srobert22

srobert22

• Pip
  • 4 posts
When starting computer this message comes up:
ODHOST
Co create instance failed
status is 0x80040154

When I click "OK"
that brings up this message:
Microsoft Visual Runtime Library
Runtime Error
Program...Ram Files\Linksys\Wireless-G Notebook Adapter\
ODHOST.exe

I also get this Runtime Error on startup:
Runtime error! Linksys Wireless-B PCI Adapter\WMP11Cfg

Computer has been very slow even after running spyware programs, virus scans and defragging machine.

I have attached my hijackthis log.

Thanks for your help in advance

Attached Files

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Sounds like a problem with the Linksys Wireless driver.

Try going to Device Manager (Start then Run, type devmgmt.msc and press Enter).
Expand Network Adapters.
Right click on the wireless adapter and select Uninstall.

Reboot. XP will rediscover the wireless adapter and reload the drivers, see if that resolves the problem.

If it doesn't, what is the make and full model number of the computer. You should be able to download the latest driver for it from the manufacturers web site.

srobert22

srobert22

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I did as you suggested. No updated drivers available. XP did install same driver again. Went to Dell no driver updates there.

All I accomplished was I lost my wireless network and cannot connect either of my two wireless computers only my hard
wired computer.

Any suggestion?

srobert22

srobert22

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Sorry last replied was set so large. I wasn't shouting at you :) I failed to mention the computer my problem started on is a Dell Dimension 3000

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
No problem. I'm having problems connecting to support.dell.com at the moment.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Is this your wireless card? Linksys Wireless-B PCI Adapter WMP11

If so, that web page has a Downloads and Drivers link (Get Downloads). You will need to specify the version of the wireless card.

Look at Network Adapters in Device Manager, see if the version info is available there. If not you could try running System Information for Windows (SIW). Scroll down to the bottom and download SIW Without Installer (English-Only). Run siw.exe. Under Hardware, click on Network Adapters, see if it shows the version there.

Otherwise you will have to power down, open the case and remove the card to find that info.

srobert22

srobert22

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Atruker, Thanks for your help. I finally, after 9 hours got my wireless back up and working on the two wireless computers. My router is older. It is Linksys WRT54G ver.2

I just completed reading questions about the firmware updates on Cisco (Linksys) website for this model. After hearing all the problems I think it might be best for me to click off the two error messages I get on the one computer when I boot it. I didn't understand the instructions and sounds like it may not be advisable to upgrade. Something about having to use IETester browser...I don't know. :) Lord knows I don't want another 9 hour day like I had yesterday. :yes: The computer is a little slow, but at least it is working again.

Thanks again for your time and help. :unsure:

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
You're welcome. Sorry I couldn't help get it all straight.