Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Search Engine Redirect Virus

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

BlackOxide

BlackOxide

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,976 posts

All done. I think we have a marginal speed-up but it's an old computer with a lot of software on it so I don't know how much faster it can be.

Thanks

Yep, if it has been running for quite some time on the current Windows installation and you have quite a lot of software installed, that will probably be why. To be honest, we aren't going to get it running much faster. To get it running faster a full reinstall would do the trick, but this is quite a task, so it would only really be recommended if it's running bad or you are experiencing major problems. Your Hard Drive space and RAM look normal for Windows XP, so I would probably just leave it as it is and see how you get on. Any problems, just let me know.

Advertisements

BlackOxide

BlackOxide

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,976 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.