Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cant copy and paste

• Please log in to reply

bennyBgood

bennyBgood

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey Guys,
I am having this weird problem and it is really annoying. I cant copy and paste.

I have tried the sfc /scannow cmd command with no success. I have reinstalled windows and still no success.

Sometimes it will let me copy and paste. But very rarely and only once. I reboot and nothing happens to fix it.

I have scan my PC with hijackthis but i cant paste the log but i have uploaded it mediafire. Maybe there is something in there i cant see. I would appreciate it if anyone had and advice

Link for hijackthis log: www.mediafire.com/?62cqtpoc9i44cau

I hope i have written the url properly.

Thanks guys

P.s i just realized i can attach files lol sorry

Attached Files

Edited by bennyBgood, 02 August 2011 - 12:00 AM.

Advertisements

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
Hello

All systems should let you copy and paste. To copy and paste highlight the text then right click it and choose copy then right click and paste to where you want or to copy the highlighted text press CTRL+C then CTRL+V to paste. The only other thing I can think of would be to try a new mouse and keyboard or try your current mouse and keyboard in another system. I would try both types of keyboard and mouse (USB and PS/2)

Please don't link to highjack this logs in this forum as normal members won't be able to give malware removal advice. I normally direct users to the malware forum but based on that you formatted I think I can skip this step. If however you would like to get a check done please read the following topic here and then post your problem here.
Please post your problem there where our experts will be more than happy to assist you :)

Another thing it could be is your mainboard (motherboard) as if either your USB slots or PS/2 are going then this could cause this problem but it would also affect your hardware attached to it and would be the same if you plugged anything else into them slots.

I can't think of anything else that would cause this problem.

Thanks