Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows updates won't download, error 0x80248011

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Grr I have just found out that is an addition to Puran, henceforth I will no longer be recommending that :)

Download OTS to your Desktop and double-click on it to run it
  • Make sure you close all other programs and don't use the PC while the scan runs.
  • Now click the Run Scan button on the toolbar. Make sure not to use the PC while the program is running or it will freeze.
  • When the scan is complete Notepad will open with the report file loaded in it.
  • Click the Format menu and make sure that Wordwrap is not checked. If it is then click on it to uncheck it.
Use the Add Reply button and post the information back here in an attachment. I will review it when it comes in. The last line is < End of Report >, so make sure that is the last line in the attached report.

Make sure you attach the report in your reply. If it is too big to upload, then zip the text file and upload it that way

Advertisements

MargiRose

MargiRose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Double Grrrrr! OTS also gets stuck on "scanning modules". :) I did not use the PC while it was running and only checked the task manager after it was stuck on scanning modules for approx 20 minutes.

Edited by MargiRose, 22 August 2011 - 05:10 PM.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
could you run either OTS or OTL from safe mode please

MargiRose

MargiRose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Ok.....I ran OTL in safe mode. Not sure if I needed to attach the scan log or paste it so I attached just in case. :)

Attached Files

• Attached File  OTL.Txt   111.99KB   85 downloads

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
My apologies for that - I have now removed Puran from my list of recommended programmes :)

Warning This fix is only relevant for this system and no other, using on another computer may cause problems

Run OTL
  • Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste in the following

:OTL
    O2 - BHO: (Babylon IE plugin) - {9CFACCB6-2F3F-4177-94EA-0D2B72D384C1} - C:\Program Files\Babylon\Babylon-Pro\Utils\BabylonIEPI.dll (Babylon Ltd.)
    O4 - HKLM..\Run: [Babylon Client] C:\Program Files\Babylon\Babylon-Pro\Babylon.exe (Babylon Ltd.)
    O9 - Extra Button: Translate this web page with Babylon - {F72841F0-4EF1-4df5-BCE5-B3AC8ACF5478} - C:\Program Files\Babylon\Babylon-Pro\Utils\BabylonIEPI.dll (Babylon Ltd.)
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem : Translate this web page with Babylon - {F72841F0-4EF1-4df5-BCE5-B3AC8ACF5478} - C:\Program Files\Babylon\Babylon-Pro\Utils\BabylonIEPI.dll (Babylon Ltd.)
    [2011/08/20 14:29:21 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Babylon
    [2011/08/20 14:29:16 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\Program Files\Babylon
    [2011/08/20 14:28:53 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Babylon
    [2011/08/23 21:07:10 | 000,000,000 | ---D | M] -- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Babylon

:Files
    ipconfig /flushdns /c
    C:\Program Files\Babylon

:Commands
    [purity]
    [resethosts]
    [emptytemp]
    [EMPTYFLASH]
    [CREATERESTOREPOINT]
    [Reboot]

• Then click the Run Fix button at the top
  • Let the program run unhindered, reboot the PC when it is done
  • Open OTL again and click the Quick Scan button. Post the log it produces in your next reply.

MargiRose

MargiRose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
No worries, I'm sure you'll fix me up nice eventually. :)

So I ran the fix but when I ran OTL Quick Scan, it stopped responding when it got to scanning modules.

Edited by MargiRose, 24 August 2011 - 05:04 PM.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
No real requirement for a fresh scan - I just need to know if the babylon has gone and you are once more happy

MargiRose

MargiRose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Yes, it's gone and I'm peachy. :) As long as you're not concerned that the scan stops responding during scanning modules, I guess I'm good to go. Thanks for your time and help! :unsure:

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Phew, thank you for your forbearance in this

Just run OTL now and hit the cleanup button to remove it :)

MargiRose

MargiRose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Done! Thank YOU sir! :)

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.