Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't install any programs...password has been hacked!

• Please log in to reply

dana08

dana08

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi guys,

I am at a loss on what to do. I know you ask that everyone follow the malware removal tutorial first, but my laptop has been hacked and the admin password has been changed. I can't install any programs whatsoever. I can log into my user account, but the display is a black screen. I know you can't tell me how to find the admin password, because the hackers may read the forum, and I don't want to give them ANY more ammo. :) Is there any way to try to start the process of cleaning up my laptop without using the admin password? Maybe by using the command prompt? I did notice that when typing the admin password that I gave the account, the welcome screen stays up maybe 15 seconds, but then says incorrect password. I don't know if this will be of any help, but I wanted to tell you. Any would be greatly appreciated!

Advertisements