Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox Hassles

• Please log in to reply

capper

capper

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
I have been using Firefox as my preferred browser for some time now. Very recently, I have been having a couple of problems with the browser. (1) It has become extremely slow and the (not responding) notice seems to appear regularly. It has become very frustrating. I have since tried IE without the same problem. (2) I keep getting notices that something is causing my homepage to be changed. Each and every time I block the move but it is frustrating. In addition to this happening with Firefox, it has also happened since starting to use IE only a very short time ago.

If you have any suggestions how to get my Firefox back up to speed and stop these attempts to have my homepage changed it would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

devper94

devper94

• PipPipPip
  • 817 posts
That might be a sign of malware infection. Please make a post in the Malware forum following these instructions:
http://www.geekstogo...cleaning-guide/

Please do not post the logs here!

Edited by devper94, 03 August 2011 - 01:49 AM.