Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Setting up internet connection into a router from university internet

• Please log in to reply

rahimi

rahimi

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello everyone,

Currently I am connected to the internet using the direct LAN cable connected to the LAN port, and connect to the internet by entering my username and password provided by the university.

I would like to set up a wireless network in the room because I need to move about freely and don't want to stick in front of my table all the time. I bought a wireless router (D-link DSL-2640R) and tried to set up using the device connected to the LAN port. But I still can't connect to the internet.

Does I need to use the 'STATIC IP' or 'BRIDGE MODE' to set up the internet as I don't need the DSL modem to connect the internet. Or is there anything else that I need to do or install in order to connect to the university gateway device?

Advertisements