Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Excel Formulas - Comparing Columns

• Please log in to reply

JonnyAlpha

JonnyAlpha

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
Hi;

Not sure if this is the right place to post this question but here goes.

How in Excel can I compare columns on a worksheet with columns on another worksheet and display a result.

Basically I have a list of values on worksheet 1 (master) that have either expired (Have an expiry date usually in the past) or are still live (have no expiry date) and I want to compare a separate list of values on a separate worksheet (slave) to identify what updates need to be applied to the slave to bring it up to date with the master.

I need to know whether there are new entries on the master that are not on the slave and need to identify any entries that are on both that on the master have now expired and also identify whether I have any entries on the slave that do not appear on the master i.e. they now need to be removed from the slave.

The purpose being to be able to identify what changes need to be made to the slave to bring it back in line with the master.

Hope the above makes sense.

Ta

Advertisements

dm27

dm27

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Hello JohnnyAlpha,

Perhaps an IF statement and maybe a VLookup would serve your needs. However, could you post a sample of your data lay out and exactly what values need to be compared?

Sincerely,

DM