Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Wont Turn On! After Building computer..Need Advice..

• Please log in to reply

techkidd99

techkidd99

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hey this is the first time i built a computer and i swear i had everything the way it had to go but i have problems
it will not turn on what so ever but everytime i just hit the switch to the power supply i hear something like fast low beap sound or click sound is it possible it could be my power supply?

Advertisements

techkidd99

techkidd99

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
or what else can be wrong???

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Note that motherboard typically take more than one power connection - are you sure it all connected properly?

Also, a common newbie mistake is to install more standoffs in the case than the motherboard has corresponding mounting holes. This is due to the fact cases are designed to support 1000s of different motherboards.

So I recommend you pull the board and verify you have one-for-one case standoff to motherboard mounting hole/screw.

dennisK16

dennisK16

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Note that motherboard typically take more than one power connection - are you sure it all connected properly?

Also, a common newbie mistake is to install more standoffs in the case than the motherboard has corresponding mounting holes. This is due to the fact cases are designed to support 1000s of different motherboards.

So I recommend you pull the board and verify you have one-for-one case standoff to motherboard mounting hole/screw.

as a addition to what Digerati said, did you check if you connected the power button wire in the right position and on the right connector?

i have seen people connect it horizontal, while its was suppose to be vertical and the other way around, that depends on the motherboard.

Edited by dennisK16, 04 August 2011 - 02:55 PM.