Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

usb

• Please log in to reply

mrpakipot

mrpakipot

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Hi to all geeks .... I dont really have a problem but i just want to learn about this...... attachment

as far as i know i got 7 usb.... what is the difference between the first five on the usb and the last five???? what i mean is the first five on the list of "usb host controller" are Family USB Host Controller and on the bottom five are USB root hub" anyone know whats difference between the two??? i got 7 usb and im using 4 of it. pls i really want to learn this stuff.... thanks for your help in advance

Attached Thumbnails

• Untitled.png

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
The USB host controllers are usb devices you have plugged into your computer. Windows keeps them in device manager so when you plug them into the computer windows automatically loads the device drivers for them. Every host controller has a root hub simply because that is the design for USB. Root hub's just mean they have access to all files on the computer. Any USB device that is still plugged into the computer will have a named controller in device manager.

SRX660

mrpakipot

mrpakipot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
hi SRX660 thanks you very much