Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Image management system

• Please log in to reply

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts
My accumulation of photo aps and digital images (perhaps 2000 or so photos) is a mess and I want to get them “organized.” Among the aps I see on my XT pc are Kodak Easy Share, Paint Shop Photo Album, and IrfanView.

I’d like to:

Find the images (they seem to be scattered all over my C:drive; most of them are jpg files but I have some others as well.)
• View them and:
o Delete many (including tons of cartoonish pictures that I have no idea how I ever acquired; perhaps they are part of Paint Shop.)
o Annotate others that I want to keep; and then
o File the retained images in a conveniently retrievable system

I’d welcome advice from the forum before I plunge in. In particular:

a. Does anyone know of a web site (or a book) that addresses this very problem, with a set of step-by-step instructions?

b. Is there an easy way to find all the images on my pc?

c. Of all the photography aps out there (Kodak Easy Share, et. al.) which should I use? Are the free programs as good as the for-fee ones?

Thanks for your advice.

Advertisements

b0bl335wa663r

b0bl335wa663r

• PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Hi batpark,

I use Picasa alone for all the above mentioned functions. Try it out and you will not be disappointed. You can get an overview of 'How to use' by going through a very informative post here → Organize your photos with Picasa

Regards,

Bob