Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Faulty CPU Board - Can it be Fixed

• Please log in to reply

bobbydur

bobbydur

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, I have a faulty intermec printer CPU board.

I know this is a computer forum and I'm probably in the wrong place but if anyone can give me some help, I would really appreciate it.

I manage to connect an incorrect thermal printhead to the printer and I think it has damaged the CPU board as nothing works anymore, even the display does not come on. I have checked all other boards on a working printer, they are ok. So it is definately the CPU. Are there any diagnostics I can carry out? Can it be fixed?
Do you require any further info off me?
IMAG0321.jpg
Please help, it will be so expensive to buy a replacement.
Thanks, Bobby

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
I can't offer much, but in the upper left corner it looks like a battery. It is labeled RTC and program key.
RTC is "run time clock".
I would pull the battery and then reinstall after a few minutes and see what happens. You have nothing to lose.

bobbydur

bobbydur

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I wish it was that easy :). I tried it, but no luck. Thanks for your reply though.
Do you know of anywere or anyone that could give me some info on this.