Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

installing ner graphics card...

• Please log in to reply

myriamd

myriamd

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
I am installing a new graphics card, to be a boost to my onboard graphics card. someone here helped me figure out which to use, but now I have a question.
If I have 2 cards, which one do I plug into my monitor? The newer stronger one or the original?
I'm just a bit confused.

Thanks!

got it up and working, but everytime I log in it tells me it can't find the drivers.
when I let the computer run it automatically tells me it is working and the window changes.
how do I correct this so it always works and doesn't take time to load?

Edited by myriamd, 05 August 2011 - 07:02 PM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,025 posts
Hi myriamd

I am installing a new graphics card, to be a boost to my onboard graphics card. someone here helped me figure out which to use,

Confusion here somewhere myriamd :)
Unless the facility has been manually disabled in the BIOS when an add on video card is detected the BIOS automatically disables the MBs onboard video chip, they do not work in unison.
Keep your screen attached to the onboard video port > install the drivers for your new card > shut down > attach your screen to the add on card and reboot, I hope this clears things up for you but let us know if we can assist further.