Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE Google being redirected to other sites.

• Please log in to reply

Learnatic

Learnatic

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
Hi Amigos,
A chum of mine is having troubles with his pages always going to an advertising site first before giving him requested page.
He has updated MalwareBytes and run it.
He is 550 miles away.
He cannot start in Safe mode.
Here is a look at his HJT log:
Any help would be appreciated before I give him some bad advice.

Edited by rshaffer61, 06 August 2011 - 07:06 PM.
Removed malware log

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I suggest you read the 'Start Here' topic found HERE. With these self-help tools you have a high chance of fixing the problems on your own. If you are still having problems after following Step 3 of the guide, continue with Step 4 and 5 and post in the Malware Forum. If you are unable to run any programs, Please create a topic stating what you have tried so far and that you are unable to run any programs. Also, Please do NOT post the logs in this thread.

If you are still having issues after the malware expert gives you a clean bill of health, Please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).
Add a link to this topic so that malware tech can see what steps have been taken here

Learnatic

Learnatic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
Okiedokie thanks RS.
Following your steps now and ringing my mate up in Melbourne to perhaps muddle our way through.
Will keep you informed.
Cheers.
Max.

Learnatic

Learnatic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
Hullo,

We tried the steps outlined in the "Here" link and still have the redirecting.
Accordingly I am starting a thread in the "Malware Forum".
Thanks for your help so far,
Max.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK great to hear and please add a link to your malware topic to this topic and I can monitor your progress there also. :)