Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

blue screen of rage

• Please log in to reply

boosterbuster

boosterbuster

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hi all,
Recently I got problems with frozen screen followed by black screen and finally blue screen. Have to restart the puter 3-5 times untill it stabilizes the system. I had to purchase Registry Booster and Driver update who always claim to be the ultimate solution. Guess what, nothing has helped! Dont know what to do since I dont have the skills
to perform advanced operations in the system. I keep finding all sorts of programs that promise miracles for free and at the end they tell: you have nine hundred fart in one problems. Your solution is to purchase us. Well obviously this didnt solve my problems till now. Anybody ?

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts
Hi boosterbuster :)
You unfortunately like many others have learned the hard way that so called registry boosters can and often do more harm than good and normally the end result is the purchase a product from the same software company that originally caused the problem this is why GTG do not endorse such products, more info @ http://miekiemoes.bl...weaking_13.html
This is not the correct forum for addressing your issue so you need to ask a member of staff if the topic can be moved to the appropriate forum where assistance will be offered, good luck.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Without knowing the OS I am going to move this to the Applications forum so you should receive assistance faster.

boosterbuster

boosterbuster

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
thanx mod and phillpower2 :-)

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts
You are welcome :)

boosterbuster

boosterbuster

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Btw OS is XP. And I suspect that the problem can be related with the fan since it sounds like an old bus on an uphill. :-)
What funny is that the booster program that I have congratulates me for 0 errors while another program on line found 1084 errors!
Of course with the "buy now" button blinking after the scanning...

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Download Speedfan (The download link is to the right), and install it. Once it's installed, run the program and post here the information it shows.
The information I want you to post is the stuff that is circled in the example picture I have attached.
To make sure we are getting all the correct information it would help us if you were to attach a screenshot like the one below of your Speedfan results.

To do a screenshot please have click on your Print Screen on your keyboard.
  • It is normally the key above your number pad between the F12 key and the Scroll Lock key
  • Now go to Start and then to All Programs
  • Scroll to Accessories and then click on Paint
  • In the Empty White Area click and hold the CTRL key and then click the V
  • Go to the File option at the top and click on Save as
  • Save as file type JPEG and save it to your Desktop
  • Attach it to your next reply

Posted Image

boosterbuster

boosterbuster

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
hi again :-)
I hope the jpeg is readable.

Attached Thumbnails

• fanresults.JPG

boosterbuster

boosterbuster

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

hi again :-)
I hope the jpeg is readable.

the computer at this moment runs steady and silent

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

What funny is that the booster program that I have congratulates me for 0 errors while another program on line found 1084 errors!
Of course with the "buy now" button blinking after the scanning...

What program is saying there are errors? It wouldn't by chance be a registry cleaner program would it?

Also your voltages look good but your temps could use some work.
Is this a desktop system and if so how old?

Advertisements

boosterbuster

boosterbuster

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Finally I managed to have the computer working after three restarts and as many frozen and blue screens. Hope I´ll stay one untill I finish this reply.
To answer your questions, I dont remember the name of the program, what I remember is that it put an icon as a stirring wheel on the desktop, found 1086 problems and offered to fix 7 of them for free. This was generous...;-) when I decided to delete it, poped up a new offer to fix
50% of the errors for free ! Well their selling tactics aint better than a unscrupulous car dealer.

My computer is rather old (embarassing)It has Windows XP home edition,service pack 3,Fujitsu Siemens x86 family.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Sounds like a registry cleaner to me. If it is then IMO and others here at GTG registry cleaners are useless and often cause more issues then they fix. Usually they want you to buy their product after it identifies all the errors which in reality don't exist.
A registry cleaner will not increase your system's speed or performance, and has the potential to break your registry to the point that your PC is no longer bootable.
We strongly advise that people stay away from any of the registry cleaners out there.
Go HERE to get more information about why registry cleaners aren't needed.

Thanks to Sari for the explanation

If you don't mind lets take a look with programs that don't cost to use.

Download BlueScreenView
No installation required.
Double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.
When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.
Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

Thanks to Broni for the instructions and program

Download WhoCrashed from the link in my signature below
This program checks for any drivers which may have been causing your computer to crash....

Click on the file you just downloaded and run it.

Put a tick in Accept then click on Next
Put a tick in the Don't create a start menu folder then click Next
Put a tick in Create a Desktop Icon then click on Install and make sure there is a tick in Launch Whocrashed before clicking Finish
Click Analyze
It will want to download the Debugger and install it Say Yes
WhoCrashed will create report but you have to scroll down to see it
Copy and paste it into your next reply

http://www.resplendence.com/downloads

boosterbuster

boosterbuster

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hi there and many thanx for the efforts guys :-)
here are the results :

==================================================
Dump File : Mini080611-01.dmp
Crash Time : 2011-08-06 15:58:30
Bug Check String : IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Bug Check Code : 0x0000000a
Parameter 1 : 0x00000004
Parameter 2 : 0x00000002
Parameter 3 : 0x00000000
Parameter 4 : 0x804e7f0d
Caused By Driver : ￴￳ā㴁ā━ā━ā㴁￿Caused By Address : ￴￳ā㴁ā━ā━ā㴁￿File Description :
Product Name :
Company :
File Version :
Processor : 32-bit
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+9abe
Stack Address 1 : ntoskrnl.exe+10f0d
Stack Address 2 : ntoskrnl.exe+12b23
Stack Address 3 : ntoskrnl.exe+1d92be
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini080611-01.dmp
Processors Count : 2
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 2600
Dump File Size : 65 536
==================================================

boosterbuster

boosterbuster

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
This is the report of WhoCrashed :
Do I dare to use DriverUpdate ?
Thanx again Mod, Sari and Broni

On your computer a total of 9 crash dumps have been found. Only 8 could be analyzed. 3 third party drivers have been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

ati2cqag.dll (Central Memory Manager / Queue Server Module, ATI Technologies Inc.)

unknown

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination the errors that have been reported for these drivers and include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often yields interesting results from discussions from users who have been experiencing similar problems.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is actually responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK now have abetter ideal. It looks to be your ATI video driver.
Could you go to Driver Max and download the run the small programme
Allow it to analyse your system
It will then take you to a web page and show the drivers that it has updates for