Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How much for my computer?

• Please log in to reply

Drumbum667

Drumbum667

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Does anybody here have any idea on what I could make by selling my computer. It's around 3 or 4 years old now. Thank you.
Here are the specs:
Gigabyte P35-DS3R Mobo
Core 2 Duo E6750
G-Skill 4 GB DDR2 800 RAM (may upgrade to DDR3)
Nvidia GTS 250 w/ 1 GB DDR3
Zalman CPU Cooler
Antec 900 Case
850 Watt Antec PSU
250 GB SATA HD
DVD Reader/Writer w/ Lightscribe
HT Omega Striker 7.1 Soundcard
20" ViewSonic 5ms Monitor (Matte)
Razor Death Addder
Old Logitech G15

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Resale value on used systems is not very high anymore. You are probably looking on the high end maybe 200 to 250 USD with everything included.
On average and realistically you are more around the 150 USD and that's with the monitor, speakers, kb and mouse

Drumbum667

Drumbum667

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
[bleep], that's not worth it at all. I'll just keep my system, thanks for your help.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You would be better to upgrade then buy new. With the specs you have upgrading should be no problem with the PSU you have installed.
Upgrade the memory to 8 gigs but checking the specs it looks like it only accepts DDR2 memory.
Also I would suggest adding a second hard drive for storage and move all data files to it.
That would increase the speed a little with the drive having more free space. Memory will increase the speed the most dramatically.
Another suggestion may be upgrading the video card to a newer model to increase game play and movie quality.
Total upgrades would be less then the cost of a new system.

Drumbum667

Drumbum667

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
It supports DDR3 but only has 2 slots for it. I remember specifically buying the motherboard for it's future support of DDR3, I just never bought DDR3 haha. Storage isnt even a problem, I only use it for some games and streaming music from my laptop to the nice speakers on my desktop. I might upgrade a few things though, I really just wanted to sell it cause I have a laptop I use mostly and I don't really need it anymore.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK HERE is Gigabytes spec page for every revision on that motherboard. 4 revisions on that mobo and none say they support DDR3

Amst3rDamag3

Amst3rDamag3

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
Not even needed, but to back rshaffer61 up here:
The x86 processor architecture your mobo supports, can not ever work with ddr3...!!! :)

Are you sure you're not referring to the 3Gbs sata?

Good luck upgrading :unsure:

Edited by Amst3rDamag3, 13 August 2011 - 10:02 AM.