Thank you in advance for taking the time to look at this.
Last week I bought a new wireless printer and had some difficulty getting the driver for it working. Despite believing I was using trusted sources for the driver downloads, I downloaded quite a few before I got the right one, and was asked by some of the downloads to turn off my anti virus while they downloaded. I suspect this was probably an error of judgement.
Now my computer crashes regularly with the blue screen and reports:
STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x00000060,0x00000005,0x00000000, 0xB9F1B6AB)
atapi.sys - Address B9F1B6AB base at B9F13000, DateStamp 4802539d
I have investigated this on Google and carried out the following in order based on suggestions in forums:
- uninstalled the printer drivers, still get the blue screen
- full scan with my Avast virus scanner, crashes with the blue screen
- Windows memtest, no problems identified, crashes with the blue screen
- resetting to last known good configuration, still get the blue screen
- full scan with malware bytes, no infections reported, does not crash but still get blue screen
- I tried to get various logs but the programs would always freeze, but not crash with the blue screen
- I managed to get a log from TDSSKiller, TDSSKiller.188.8.131.52_07.08.2011_22.12.34_log.txt 43.53KB 61 downloads
- Combo-fix froze while it was scanning, but did not crash with the blue screen
Any advice greatly appreciated.