Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Open With Virus

• Please log in to reply

turkeestalker

turkeestalker

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
What seems to be goin on, is that any executable program or file is unable to open without the 'open with' option window popping up and asking which program you want to open the item with. I've tried a couple times to 'run as', which changes nothing. I've had zero success downloading and installing AVG Free, Avast, Malwarebytes, or using Panda Activescan. All of which I've tried both in regular mode, and safe mode. I am not able to fix this, therefore I'm asking that you please help.

They did have AVG on their system, but it was not doing anything, and I uninstalled it before trying to reinstall. They also had a norton scan tool of some kind, and a mcaffe scan tool of some kind, which I have removed.

Dell Vostro 1500 Windows XP sp3

Thank you in advance for any support you can offer me.

Jim

Edited by turkeestalker, 08 August 2011 - 08:44 PM.

Advertisements

turkeestalker

turkeestalker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
My apologies, I have found how to fix it. Please delete this posting.
Thank You