Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

itunes library recovery

• Please log in to reply

dennisK16

dennisK16

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
hello all,

my wife laptop was in need of a update, OS wise so what i did is the following.

i work for a company that sells Hard drives so i got a new hard drive for my wifes laptop bought a copy of windows 7 home premium and installed everything on her laptop (the hard drive, win7, office, virusscanner etc etc.)
after installing itunes i tried to retrieve all the songs she had on there by copying the files from her old hard drive on too the new hard drive in to the same folder and location and imported it true itunes.
not itunes is giving me a ! at most of the songs and then i try to play those its saying i need to locate the songs, so the first 3 times i did specified everything and it still wouldnt play is there something i can do too make it work....??????

Advertisements

Amst3rDamag3

Amst3rDamag3

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

after installing itunes i tried to retrieve all the songs she had on there by copying the files from her old hard drive on too the new hard drive in to the same folder and location and imported it true itunes.

Hi man,

I know that the downloaded songs from iTunes are copy-protected in one way or another. Uploading to an iPod works fine, but they still are protected for use on other platforms I believe. So that's the problem. (Like an OEM-windows, I think it is fused with serials)

Solution: Contact iTunes customer support. Sorry, but any other solution would violate our -Terms of Use-

Good luck :)

Edited by Amst3rDamag3, 28 August 2011 - 08:16 AM.

dennisK16

dennisK16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Hi man,

I know that the downloaded songs from iTunes are copy-protected in one way or another. Uploading to an iPod works fine, but they still are protected for use on other platforms I believe. So that's the problem. (Like an OEM-windows, I think it is fused with serials)

Solution: Contact iTunes customer support. Sorry, but any other solution would violate our -Terms of Use-

Good luck :)

already got it fixed but thnx :unsure: