Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What is my "work drive" ?

• Please log in to reply

Bob Theman

Bob Theman

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Having been directed to this site by a couple of chaps who think you are all wonderfull !!!!! I seek your advice.
Recent purchase of Panasonic HDC-SD900 videocam, videos loaded onto a dell laptop using the software supplied with the cam - HD Writer AE 3.0 successfully. When trying to transfer videos from the laptop hd or the videocam via the laptop onto DVD all goes well until the command "Execute " is clicked then up comes message
"Not enough free space on work drive... check work drive free space...free up space on work drive by deleting unwanted files.... select another work drive "

\Enquiries fail to establish what is my "Work Drive" or how to free up space on it when I find it !

Should mention thet the files to burned onto DVD are well within the capacity of the DVD... there are quite a few spare gigs on the laptop harddrive and the laptop has a 2 gig memory.

Panasonic have been no help just suggesting uninstal the software and reinstall it- that was one of the first thing \i did.

Any coment or advice would be very much appreciated.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Post a screenshot of Disk Management, expanded so it shows everything. Click Start, type disk management and press Enter.

Make sure the window you want to capture has the focus.
Press Alt+Print Screen. That will capture the active window.
Start MSPaint - Start then Run, type mspaint and press Enter.
Press Ctrl+v to paste the picture in to MS Paint.
Click File then Save as and save it to your Desktop.

Start a new reply.
Click on the Browse button below the message input area.
Navigate to where you saved the picture, select it and click on Open.
Click on Attach This File.
Once uploaded, click on Add To Post to the far right of the uploaded file.
Scroll down and click Preview Post to verify the image shows.