Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound trouble

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I usually have it checked in all my systems just to make everything easier.

Advertisements

panthertooth

panthertooth

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
Quick update on my situation, I went to my computer store yesterday and bought a sound blaster audigy se card and things have been running good since i installed it, so i am going to assume thta it was a faulty sound chip on the motherboard, the only problem i have with this sound card is i can't hook up my front audio panel because the plug in on the card is a 10 pin single row and my fap has 9 pins i think but is a double row

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yeah that is a problem since the front panel depends on the onboard chip to work.
The only way to get around that is in the future look at buying a higher end card. BTW a great card I have been running SB for years and think they are very reliable cards. The other option would be to consider replacing the motherboard with the same model.