Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mindis security 2012

• Please log in to reply

Rigoberto Martinez

Rigoberto Martinez

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Okay so to make a long story short 2 days ago I came across this "windows security 2012" pop up, now I read that it's malware, so like any newb computer user I went ahead and used malwarebytes & ran it, that night I fell asleep and left the computer scanning so when I wake up to check it out the computer was off as soon as I turn it on it was worse! Popups all over the place and I basically could run anything because I wasn't the administrator apparently I frankly dont even remember whAt went down I saw plenty of YouTube tuts and read over 5 different tutorials on how to get rid of it I tried it all and I got rid of the errors and all that including the windows security 2012, ALSO another thing I couldn't do was restore because apparently I turned off windows security or something like that and if I'm not correct I think the malware changed that AND deleted my previous restore points because now that I CAN restore I have no restore points neither can I restore to factory settings without going into "repair" mode and entering "other user's" information. Ive tried everything my pc didn't come with the windows vista cd
From what I read I think my is is corrupted I need help I'm just a budget college student and I need my desktop to function good before school starts.. I've done spybot,malwarebytes,superantispyware & spyware doctor the computer seems to run okay in terms of powering up but whenever I run ANY program it takes literally about 3-4 minutes when before itd take less than a second to open. I have no "accessories" folder in my start menu nor a quicklaunch toolbar in my start bar and also google redirects my searches to other things. Please help me

Advertisements

Rigoberto Martinez

Rigoberto Martinez

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Ps: I also used REGCURE & tdsskiller

Rigoberto Martinez

Rigoberto Martinez

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
One more thing also. Sometimes I get errors when I click on stuff like "windows cannot access the specified device,path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." even in safe mode, and in regular mode I get that same error for my webcam software without me even clicking it.