Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Abode Flash Player - Problem Installing New Version

• Please log in to reply

Somersett

Somersett

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Operating system is Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack Two installed and fully patched.

I uninstalled Adobe Flash Player 10.3.181.36, which had been working fine, earlier today and re-booted the computer. I then attempted to download and install Adobe Flash Player 10.3.183.5. On receipt of the message ' Do You Want To Run or Save "install_flashplayer10ax.gtbd_aih_exe" from aihdownload.adobe.com ' I selected 'run' but nothing happened. When I tried again, I received the message ' UI_FlashPlayerInstaller - only a single instance of this can run.'

I have since used the Adobe Flash Player Uninstaller and tried again several times ( with and without my Anti Virus Programme disabled ) to no avail.

Any ideas as to what the problem might be?

Edited by Somersett, 10 August 2011 - 08:38 AM.

Advertisements

Somersett

Somersett

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Problem resolved. Please close.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Congratulations for resolving your issue. :)

r.duarte1166

r.duarte1166

• Pip
  • 1 posts
How do you resolve this problem? I've been at it for like 2 days now and it just keeps coming up with that message. I just want the plug in so I can use you tube. Help please!! I've uninstalled and restarted my comp but still nothing!

Somersett

Somersett

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
In my case, I followed advice given in the Adobe Flash Player Forum and downloaded the installer from Adobe ( fpdownload.macromedia.com ) to my desktop and ran it from there. I believe this is the link I followed ( http://forums.adobe.com/thread/889580 )